In an interview with Examiner.com's Steve Marinucci, Micky Dolenz (who seems to be handling press interviews in the lead-up to the tour) revealed that all four Monkees were considering a tour centered around the Headquarters album before Davy passed away in February 2012. Micky also said there have been discussions about formally recording this year's shows.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
“Peter and Mike and I rehearsed last month, just the three of us for a couple of weeks,” he said. “We're going to do stuff off of 'Headquarters,' which is that album that we did basically all ourselves.”
The three Monkees and the full band were to start rehearsals Friday, he said. The band on the tour will be similar to the band used on the tour with Dolenz, Tork and Jones last year.
“It's a mix of a couple of Monkee bands that have been with us for many years.”
Dolenz said the four Monkees had been discussing touring before Davy Jones passed away.
“We started talking (with Mike) about getting together for what we were calling 'The Headquarters Tour.' And he said, 'You know, I'd love to. I think it's a great idea. But I have to tell you my hand is hurting a bit so I'm not how much of a commitment I can make.' But over the months, it seemed to be getting better and we would keep in touch and started talking about this tour."
And he said that, unlike the last tour, this one may very well be recorded.
“I haven't heard the final word on that, but there is talk on that.”
Micky conducted another interview with the San Francisco Chronicle here.
Holiday Gift Guide
"Mike & Micky Show" in 2019
"And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'" Tour